Updated: August 2019
No litters planned till 2020. We may have some young adults available later this year. When inquiring about puppies, please include information about yourself and your family in your email. Please check www.cpwcc.org for information on other respectable breeders.
Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppy Information
1)Those who want to be "guaranteed" a puppy on a current or upcoming litter must not have a preference on coat length, sex or color. "Pick of the litter" is usually reserved to Hoedwig Kennels and/or to the stud dog owner. Many times second pick is reserved for the stud dog owner or those interested in conformation and/or performance events.
2) Puppies are sold on limited AKC registration unless going to a conformation or strong performance home (i.e those wishing to achieve AKC, CKC or AHBA titles in herding, agility, obedience, etc.). I do not sell for breeding purposes only. In most cases, AKC registration will not be transferred until proof of spay or neuter. Puppies are eligible for CKC (Canadian Kennel Club) registration.
3) Puppies start at $2500. I do not discriminate in price between a fluffy vs a normal coated puppy or male vs female. You are buying a puppy from a breeder who puts emphasis on having health clearances on both sire and dam; where temperament is always kept in mind; and that were raised in a loving home and not in a kennel environment. There is a lot of time and emotion put into every litter.
4 )Puppies can leave for their new homes around 10 weeks of age. They will have received one, if not two, puppy vaccines and several wormings. These puppies are raised in a home environment where they will be socialized around other animals and children.
5) Copies of the parents' clearances are included in each puppy pack. We do eye cerf's for hereditary eye defects and OFA/PENNHIP for hip dysplasia for any dog we plan on breeding. We also DNA test for vonWillebrand's Disease (all dogs are "clear"). OFA information is available at www.offa.org.
6) Puppies are registered with the AKC and eligible for registration with the CKC. For puppies sold with limited registration, proof of spay or neuter must be provided prior to release of the puppy's registration papers.
7) I will not ship if we have not met in person.
8) All puppies are sold with a written sales contract/agreement in which everything is spelled out.
9) There is a four year warranty against debilitating hereditary defects with every puppy. This must be determined by two vets, yours and one of my choosing. Details are in the sales contract.
10) Any puppy that needs to be rehomed for whatever reason is to be returned to its breeder.
Information on Fluffies:
Fluffies are Corgis with longer coats than what is allowed in the show ring. They are usually the cutest puppies in a Corgi litter with lots of personality. They make excellent pets and many are seen in performance venues such as obedience, tracking, agility or herding. Fluffies do require slightly more grooming than a Corgi with a shorter coat.